Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) In-State Firms Applying for DBE Certification
The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification program is a Federal program. The purpose is to increase the participation of certified DBEs in projects funded by the US Department of Transportation and other federal sectors. Projects typically include heavy construction, such as building and designing roads, bridges, railroads, ports, and airports.
The Program is governed by the U.S. Federal Regulations in 49 CFR Parts 26 and 23.
The Virginia Unified Certification Program includes two certifying agencies:
- The Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (DSBSD)
- The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
There is no need to submit an application to both agencies. Federal DBE certification by either agency is fully accepted throughout Virginia.
If you plan to participate in the procurement process with one of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s state agencies that does not receive federal transportation funds, you need to apply for SWaM certification, not DBE certification. To apply for SWaM certification, please click here.
Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) means any Regional Corporation, Village Corporation, Urban Corporation, or Group Corporation organized under the laws of the State of Alaska in accordance with the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, as amended (43 U.S.C. 1601, et seq.).
The ANC DBE Certification process has several steps:
- Complete the Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) DBE Application Form. The Form is below:
- Get the ANC DBE Application Form notarized.
- Collect copies of the ANC Required Supporting Documentation.
- Refer to the instructions in the first paragraph of the ANC DBE Required Supporting Document Checklist for which documents to upload to the correct section. The Checklist is below:
- After reading over the sections relevant to you on how to use the Application Portal, click on the link below to go to the Application Portal:
If you’re not on the right DBE page, return to the initial DBE page here: DBE.
For a step by step of how to use the Certification Application Portal, see the Instructions .pdf at the page here: Application Portal Instructions.
If you need assistance in applying for DBE/ACDBE certification or submitting the DBE/ACDBE annual submission requirement documents, please contact one of our regional offices for appointments with one of the Transportation Business Development Specialists. Click here for office contact information.
DBE Information and Regulations
Additional Information and Regulations Governing DBE is below.
VDOT requires prospective bidders to be prequalified for all construction and maintenance contracts. The contractor prequalification is also necessary for subcontractors.
Title 49 – Transportation, Part 26 – Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Financial Assistance Programs.
Request for copies of DBE file by Company Owner.