If you: Own and manage a small business, women-owned business, or a minority-owned business; Have NEVER applied for SWaM or DBE certification; Want to increase sales with the Commonwealth of Virginia; Then you need
- Own and manage a small business, women-owned business, or a minority-owned business;
- Have NEVER applied for SWaM or DBE certification;
- Want to increase sales with the Commonwealth of Virginia;
Then you need to get SWaM’d!
SWaM (Small, Women, and Minority owned firms) certification is one of the most powerful business tools you can use to grow your sales among state agencies, public colleges and universities, local municipalities, and even private sector firms are utilizing the SWaM database. SWaM certification is available to existing for-profit businesses. Last year, the Commonwealth of Virginia spent more than $6 Billion on goods and services. For every $100 the Commonwealth spent on goods and services, $37, went to a SWaM certified vendor. Are you getting your share?
SWaM certification currently takes 60 – 90 days for processing. However, a new portal is being introduced that can dramatically improve the length of time needed for processing. Come to this free workshop to take advantage of the new portal. Firms that participate in this event will receive:
- Assurance their application is submitted properly;
- Personal assistance during the application stage;
- Expedited processing of their application!!!
The process for participating in this event is as follows:
- Register (*) for 1 of the time slots being offered.
- You will receive an email asking a few basic questions about your business.
- You will receive a list of the exact documents you must bring to the workshop.
Bring the required documents to the workshop to get SWaM’d. It is important that you have NEVER applied for SWaM or DBE Certification and bring ALL of the required documents to the workshop. Otherwise, you will NOT be allowed to participate.
(Saturday) 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm DST
201 West Washington Street / Petersburg, VA 23803
Randy Brown; Business Services Manager - Central / SouthDirect (804) 371-8258 ; Cell (804) 349-5603 firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP