Do you have clients/customers that were unable to secure PPP and/or EIDL funding for COVID relief? Hear from the Chesapeake Economic Development Team as we discuss our new grant program. This
Do you have clients/customers that were unable to secure PPP and/or EIDL funding for COVID relief?
Hear from the Chesapeake Economic Development Team as we discuss our new grant program. This program is eligible to businesses that did not receive PPP or EIDL funding from the CARES Act.
The purpose of this program is to assist small, for-profit businesses in Chesapeake, Virginia, that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Limited funds are available for this grant assistance program and only qualified applicants will receive funds. All applicants must submit certain financial information and all applications must be deemed complete before the Chesapeake Economic Development Authority (EDA) can fund any grant. Preference will be given to the following type(s) of businesses:
- Businesses making all efforts to remain open and keep as close to full employment as possible
- Small, Woman, and Minority (SWaM) certified or SWAM-eligible businesses
- Veteran-owned businesses
- Businesses located in low-to-moderate Income census tracts in the City of Chesapeake. (see map)
- Businesses that employ low-to- moderate income persons (at least 50% of workforce must qualify)
The EDA may also request additional information before finalizing its review. All applicants must further certify that the information provided below and submitted with this application is true and accurate.
Please note that EDA funds for this program are available to the extent the EDA has authorized funding to support this program and may end the same at any time pursuant to its sole and absolute discretion.
Grant awards will be based on most recent payroll for those that have met the following conditions:
- Have made efforts to remain open and retain employees during the COVID-19 outbreak;
- Must have been in business since March 1, 2019; and
- Are current on City of Chesapeake taxes and have registered with Commissioner of Revenue for 2020.
Grant funds must be used for operational working capital used to sustain the business and maintain employment. The grant funds will be issued on a reimbursement basis whereby the applicant can clearly demonstrate that expenses have been paid.
(Monday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Eastern